The origin of Faith Temple No. 2 Church began in June 1962, under the leadership of Pastor Limmie Nathaniel Forbes, otherwise known as the honorable Bishop L. N. Forbes. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, Pastor Forbes arrived in the Washington Metropolitan area to converse with family and friends conveying God's plans to establish a church in the vicinity. The Church was organized and held its first meetings in the home of the late Brother Everett and Sister Mamie Ruth Forbes; located at 1912 3rd Street, NE, Washington, DC. The church's foundation was built upon a steadfast unmovable faith. Deacon Ethyn Mills proposed that the church be given the name, Faith Temple No. 2.
The initial members were: Mamie K. Brown, (currently a dedicated member), Everett Forbes, M. Ruth Forbes, Theressa Matthews, Ethyn Mills, Ronald Mazingo, Edrena Speight, and Annie E. Wilder.
Favor of God and Others
By the grace of God, souls were added to the Church and the congregation soon outgrew both the Forbes and Speight homes. Accordingly, God bestowed favor upon Bishop Forbes with others and doors were opened among various Churches in the northeast area of Washington, DC to conduct worship services. In 1963, Faith Temple No. 2 leased its first building, located at 401 New York Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC, to accommodate its extended membership.
In 1970 Faith Temple No. 2 purchased its first edifice at 5908 Addison Road in Seat Pleasant, Maryland. The Church membership continued to grow and plans for a new building were developed. In preparation for the final construction of the new building, in 1991 services were held at the Seat Pleasant Elementary School in Seat Pleasant, Maryland. In August 1996, we were blessed to relocate to our current location at 211 Maryland Park Drive, Capitol Heights, Maryland.