- Over 100 Housing Units for seniors and families
- 2 Charter Schools (Grades K- 8)
- Montessori Day Care Center
- Print Shop
- Television & Recording Studios
- Travel Agency
- Funeral Home
Most of these outreaches are headquartered at the church’s 20-acre complex known as the “City of David.” These ministries positively impact the Detroit community where he is a respected leader. Here are some of his honors and board appointments:
- Board member of the Detroit Zoological Society
- Board member of the Detroit Medical Center (consisting of over 13 hospitals)
- Founder and President of the GGT Non-Profit Housing Corporation
- Founder and President of The Master’s Commission (a non-profit charity)
In July 2010, the 1.3 million-member Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (P.A.W.) elected Bishop Ellis to the office of Presiding Bishop, making him the 10th elected person to the highest position in the world’s oldest Apostolic organization. Bishop Ellis also specifically presides over the Diocese of South Carolina in which he personally oversees nearly 45 PAW churches. Bishop Ellis brings the message of God’s love to a potential 50 million viewers across the nation on “The Word Network” and other television and radio outlets.
Under his visionary leadership, Greater Grace Temple in 2007 purchased the 120-acre New Rogell Golf Course in Detroit across from the church, making it at that time the only African-American owned and operated 18-hole golf facility in the state of Michigan. This property is now poised for a multi-million dollar development consisting of recreation, housing and veterans interests.
Bishop Ellis is a Business Administration graduate of Wayne State University with a major in Accounting. He also holds an honorary doctorate from Aenon Bible College. He is married to the lovely Crisette Michelle, and is the proud father of three children: Kiera, Charles IV, and Kirsten (who made her transition in 1994).