Cedar Grove Baptist Church is one of the oldest and centrally located Churches in the city of Prichard, Alabama. The Cedar Grove Baptist Church was founded in the year of 1903 by the late Rev. L. R. Payne and a group of about 40 members. The Church and community were so named because of the many Cedar trees that grew in the area. In its infancy, the Church was located on the corner of Seminary and Shorts streets in the city of Prichard, Alabama. It is presently located at 210 West Clark Avenue in Prichard, Alabama.
Over the years, several ministers have been instrumental in the development and growth of the Cedar Grove Baptist Church. Rev. Sylvester Adams has been pastor of the Church since January of 1995.
It is the fervent prayer, desire, and hope of the Cedar Grove Baptist Church that it will continue to be of service to the community, and a credit to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.