Pastor Johnny H. Flakes, III
Braya (daughter) and Kevin (son). They are also proud grandparents of Robyn and Raigan.
Educationally, Rev. Flakes received:
- Doctor of Ministry degree from McAfee School of Theology – Mercer University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Master degree from the University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Master of Divinity degree from the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse School of Religion
- Bachelor of Science degree from Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama
- Elementary and high school education from Muscogee County School System
Rev. Flakes earned the distinction of being one of twenty-one 21 students chosen by the Interdenominational Theological Center at Morehouse School of Religion for inclusion in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities across the United States.
In 2011, Rev. Flakes was inducted into the Tuskegee University Athletic Hall of Fame. Prior to becoming senior pastor of the Fourth Street Missionary Baptist Church, Rev. Flakes served as pastor of the Mount Gilead Missionary Baptist Church (Southeast) in Atlanta, Georgia. Additionally, he served as co-pastor of both Fourth Street Missionary Baptist Church of Columbus, Georgia and Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church of Phenix City, Alabama.
Rev. Flakes' Ministerial and Civic Affiliations:
- Served as executive board member of the Metro-Atlanta Baptist Minister's Union
- Served as First Vice President of the Fifth District of the Congress of Christian Education
- Served as executive board member of the Atlanta Chapter NAACP
- Served as Columbus Regional Foundation Board
- Served as President of the Muscogee County Clergy Association
- Served as a member of the "Concern Black Clergy" of Atlanta, Georgia
- Served as the Chairman of the Publicity Committee for the 2005 National Baptist Convention U.S.A.,
Inc., GMBC Host Committee, Atlanta, Georgia
- Serves as a member of the John B. Amos Cancer Center Advisory Board
- Serves as First Vice President of the Congress of Christian Education for the State of Georgia
- Serves as moderator of the Mount Calvary Association
- Serves as a faculty member of the National Baptist Congress of Christian Education
- Serves as a faculty member of the Sunday School Publishing Board, National Baptist Convention
- Serves as Chair of Social Action Committee of the Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance
- Serves as a member of the Turner Ministry Resource Center Advisory Board of the Pastoral Institute,
- Serves as the senior pastor of the Fourth Street Missionary Baptist Church where his father, Pastor
Emeritus J. H. Flakes, Jr. served as pastor for fifty (50) years
Rev. Dr. J. H. Flakes, III is a sound teacher and preacher of the Gospel of Jesus the Christ.
A Servant of God!